Thursday 3 December 2009

My C.V

Objective
I am a motivated, hard working, organised team player whose aim is to always achieve his goals and get the job done. I have a real passion for brands and a keen interest in the digital world and the way that it is evolving.

Education
09/06 – 07/09 The University of Reading Upper Second Class (2:1) in Business Economics (BA)
Studying for this degree has allowed me to study economic principles and quantitative techniques and develop a broad understanding of economic theory and its practical applications, particularly within business. I have developed successful research and analytical skills and enhanced my time management skills during my course, always meeting my deadlines. I was an active student, being a Treasurer and President of the Indie Society and then on the PR team for the student newspaper.

09/04 – 05/06 Maidstone Grammar School The International Baccalaureate:
English - 5
German - 4
Economics - 5
Computer Science - 6
Physics - 4
Maths – 5
Bonus Point - 1
Total Points - 30;
UCAS equivalent - 419

I opted for the International Baccalaureate as opposed to A-Levels. It gave me a greater variety of subjects to study and I felt it was a more well rounded course.

Marketing Related Work Experience
07/09 - Present Face Group Intern
Face Group is a Co-Creation agency. Their focus is on bringing major brands and consumers together to create and develop ideas for product development, marketing strategies and advertising. I am currently interning at their office.. My role involves a wide variety of tasks including data analysis, writing blogs to do with current projects or relevant issues, writing copy for online projects and helping to manage the online communities. (See bottom for links to blogs)
The most interesting project I worked on was a social media monitoring project for the Carphone Warehouse. This involved researching the different platforms that consumers talked about the brands on and used sites such as Omigli and a twitter tool on Yahoo called Important People to compile the brand mentions. We then analysed the data to create a overview of the companies online presence and sentiment of this presence so that they could understand what was being said about them and where.

I have also taken part as a consumer in projects over the last two years for Orange, Unilver (Lynx), Doritos and other brands. This involved attending focus groups, giving opinions on new product and advertising ideas and coming up with new ideas. For these sessions I had to be creative and able to work well in a team so that we could we could generate usable ideas and give valuable opinions on the items discussed.


01/07 – 07/09 Blackjack Promotions Promotions Staff
This involved working with brands such as Kelloggs, Luxxotica (Chanel, Prada, Rayban.), The Times etc. The work includeded handing out promotional items, merchandising, encouraging people to buy the products and raising awareness of the brands. For this job I needed to be outgoing, confident and able to communicate well with customers.

01/09 – 01/09 Spark* Newspaper PR Team
I was a member of the PR Team for the University newspaper. My job involved contacting companies for items to review such as games/CDs. It also involved making sure the correct permissions have been obtained for all images and other copyrighted materials that appear in the paper.

09/07 – 04/08 Ponanas Night Club Promotions Staff
I flyered for a club called Ponanas. For this job I had to be friendly and persuasive to get as many people into the club as possible.

Other Work Experience
07/08 – 08/08 WestLB Tokyo Credit Risk Management - Summer Intern
I spent the summer in Tokyo following the head of CRM. I assisted in day to day tasks, carried out research on particular deals and analysing and presenting the relevant information. I was able to asses problems involved in the adoption of new internal procedures and come to conclusions when specific issues arose.

09/07 – 11/07 First Point IT Data Entry
I had a 3 month contract doing data entry at an IT recruitment consultancy until they migrated to their new database, using MS Outlook and Access until I then helped them migrate to their new database system called ITRIS. I had to be accurate and consistent to ensure that the required information was migrated correctly.

Interests
Music is a big part of my life. I go to lots of gigs and used to do a lot of work for a music marketing company, distributing promotional materials and doing data collection or reviewing the gigs and taking photos for various publications. These have included Rock-Sound, Alternative Magazine, Xtaster Xine, Rock Beast and also my own music webzine.

I was the Treasurer and then President of the Indie Society at Reading University. We organised socials, helping bring new students together and provided an environment where newcomers to the university can easily meet like minded people. My job involved keeping track of our finances and then organising the events.

I love to cook. I make the best roast potatoes, my lamb hotpot is delicious and my Thai curry tastes as good as the real thing.

Links
Photography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ash_ymb/

No comments:

Post a Comment